Allsorts WOEC (Weymouth Outdoor Education Centre) and First Steps are situated in a secure setting near Asda. First Steps care for 2 year old children until they are age and stage ready to move up to Allsorts WOEC pre-school. Both settings provide quality childcare with many opportunities for the children to learn and develop through play, which allows them to explore experiment and be independent learners. The fully qualified and experienced staff are caring, nurturing and encourage the enquiring, expanding thoughts and imagination of all children in a bright, warm and stimulating environment. As well as actively work in partnership with parents to ensure their children’s early years are fun, enjoyable and memorable.
- Venue address
Weymouth Outdoor Education Centre Knightsdale Road
- DT4 0HS
Weymouth & Portland
- Opening times
- Mon: 08:00-16:00
- Vacancy information
Please call for vacancy details
£20.00 per Session
- Cost variations
- £20 per session- 9.30am to 2.30pm. £6 Breakfast club -8am to 9.30am. £2 Early start- 9am to 9.30am. £6 After school club- 2.30pm to 4pm. £2 Late finish- 2.30pm to 3pm
- Additional Information
- Registered Day care Provider. Main sessions are 9.30am-2.30pm but an additional 8.00am start is available and a 4pm finish. Holiday Play club also offered Tuesdays. Wednesday Thursdays throughout school holidays. Bright, airy and spacious setting.
Early Education Funding - As a setting we expect 15 hours and 30 hours funding.
15 hours funding can be spread over term time between 9.30am to 2.30pm Monday to Friday. 30 hours funding can be spread across the year between 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday. Provision has an inclusion / equal opportunities policy.
- Age Range
2 years 0 months to 4 years 11 months
Ofsted Registered Details
- Ofsted inspection result
|Date of last inspection||Inspection result||Ofsted report|
- Ofsted Report notes
- If a childcare provision is run by a school they may not be separately registered with Ofsted, therefore the link to their report will be for the school.
- Registration details
|Registration number||Ofsted registration date|
- Free early education places
- Wheelchair accessible
- Building is on one level, making it easily accessible
- Parking availability information
- On site parking.
- Toilet facility information
- Ground floor toilet, wheelchair accessible toilet.
- Other Facilities
- Special Educational Needs Coordinator, curriculum offered indoors and outdoors, bright and airy spacious setting.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Local Offer
- Support for children and young people with SEN and disabilities
Allsorts welcomes children with Special Educational Needs of all types. We have a dedicated SEND co-ordinator in each preschool with a wide range of experience. All children, whatever their need will be accepted if we can make reasonable adjustment to accommodate their needs. We link with outside agencies where needed such as portage, speech and language, educational psychologist’s and paediatricians. Some children may only need a little support just from the preschool and others may need a joined up approach from other agencies and possibly some 1-1 support within the preschool. Whilst your child is with us or before attending if needed, we will access training relevant to your child’s needs wherever possible if we do not already have that training and expertise. We will do whatever we can to ensure your child is treated inclusively and able to access activities and resources relevant to their needs. Admission is by availability by birthdate regardless of need and may dependant on availability of staffing for 1-1 support, but we will endeavour to accommodate sessions as required. Please contact us for further information.
- Record Last Updated
Most childcare providers listed in our directory are open and operating, however on occasions there may be a need to close for short periods on the advice of Public Health Dorset or due to staffing illness. Please contact providers with enquiries.
Weymouth Outdoor Education Centre
You are texting details about Allsorts Pre-School